Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mary.

Yesterday, Ruthie says, "Mom, what color is Mary's skin?" I am not looking at her and a rush of things come to mind. We will name our next baby Mary if it's a girl. I didn't mean to single out a boy for this adoption in my previous post. I have felt very strongly that we will have a boy. But I'm not really sure now. Could be James could be Mary.
With that, my kids all talk about the differences in their skin color. Isaac is light, Sam is kinda light, Ruthie is dark. Mom is pink. Sometimes purple. And I have spots. But that's another post. We have talked about the possibility of having a baby with very dark skin. Or very light skin. Or something somewhere in between. So when Ruthie asked what color Mary's skin is, I tell her, "We don't know yet. It could be like Isaac's skin, or like your skin or much darker. It could be James, remember." To that she says, "NO! Mary in this picture!"
Got it! Mary the mother of Jesus. Turns out she has a yellowish skin. Ruthie couldn't find a color she liked.

2 comments:

Single Women Adopting Children said...

That's hysterical! Glad you cleared up the gender thing- I thought you were open to both. I am curious about which one it will be. Of course- Mary would be able to receive some hand-me-down newborn clothes;)

Crissy said...

Cute!! Looks great to me :)