Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Camping On Memorial Day.

This one captures the theme of our overnight stay. Wet! We got caught in a large raindrop turned hail storm right after grandma finished out the Mommy Tractor Race.
There is a huge rope in the middle of the inside room of the shed. (There's also now a toilet and shower) (not in the middle of the inside room. It's its own room) This kids love to swing on it.
Isaac loved having the zip line all to himself while waiting for cousins to come back from town.
There he goes!
All the way to the bottom. If I had swung down and then run up every time as many times as he did, I'd be about 20 pounds lighter!
The swings...
"Sam! Just stand still so I can get one picture!" He's wearing some extra ranch boots because his shoes (and Isaac's) were soaked from jumping in the spring to catch a frog.
C'mon let's crawl, (gotta crawl, gotta crawl) to the ugly bug ball, (to the ball, to the ball). And a happy time we'll have there(...da dun dun...)One and all, at the ugly bug ball.
Ruthie loved the crafts...pinwheels, necklaces, slime, painting, etc.
That's Isaac sitting on the chair watching cousins shoot clay pigeons. He collected 4 unshot pigeon shells when they were done.
Ruthie by the tent.
Ahhh...The moment you've all been waiting for. The Mommy Tractor Race. There is a dirt track that the kids can ride bikes and motorbikes and 4 wheelers on. The men put together a challenge for all the women. We couldn't put on our seat belt until the timer started.
Come on!! Get that seat belt on!
Where's the key?
And she's off.
The first hill to go over. (there are 2)
The first turn with a bucket that you couldn't run over. Grandma ran over one of them. But no one faulted her for it!
Hello! Here we had to put the back thingy down and drag a big piece of wood from one set of markers to another. Then we had to push it back to the first set of markers. I did it without a hitch!
And I'm off again! Don't I just look natural on a tractor? Wait! Don't answer that.
And over the last hill before the finish!
The last obstacle was to lower the thingy on the front and push a large piece of wood passed the finish line. That was where we all got into trouble. We moved lots of dirt with this one. You see Uncle Mark there watching his watch? I came in with a time of 2:55. The fastest time. Can you believe it?!
And here's the trophy. Yep. It's a gymnastics trophy. But I earned it!
We had lots and lots of fun. We wish we could have been there the whole time.

5 comments:

Single Women Adopting Children said...

That's hysterical! Hey- it doesn't matter what the trophy looks like - you won!

Kristi said...

Sounds fun, I admit I don't even know how to turn on the tractor, although I'd like to learn . . . maybe.

Jen said...

Get yer motor runnin'! Get out on the highway! Born to be wiiilllddd!

Crissy said...

Way to go, Jennie! Yahoo!! Looks like some fun times!

Kim said...

How fun!! I just realized that I missed a WHOLE PAGE of your posts and now I'm wondering where I was when all of these posts were posted! I'm sorry that I missed all of your fun! Craziness!