Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Happy Mother's Day To Me!

It came It came It came!! My Mother's Day gift finally came. Yesterday. But we've been a little busy. Daniel--who did this without any prodding from me and who didn't even know you could do such a thing--had my blog made into books. 2 Books. Volume 1 and volume 2.
That was the front. This is the back.
He ended the second volume with my final post of Once Upon A Time on April 30. So if he knows what's good for him, I'll be getting updated volumes each year. He dedicated the books. Here's the volume 1 dedication...
And volume 2's dedication...
Isn't he just the best?! Well he is. I love my books and now I can make anyone read my blog at anytime, anywhere.
******************************************************
On Daniel's car...A mechanic came by yesterday and looked at it and said he could fix it. For really cheap. Daniel had been looking online for cars that could last just another year or 2 to commute a longer commute come the end of summer. Then we could replace it with a much nicer car. It would come to a lot more money even though the cost of the cars he looked at compare to the cost of getting his car fixed. We're hoping the fixin' will work. And the mechanic is going to fix the A/C for free. So if it works, we are getting a really great deal. We'll know by next Monday if it really is fixable.
In the meantime, does it feel like July to anyone else out there? I need to go turn the air on.

6 comments:

Single Women Adopting Children said...

Oh my - I have tears in my eyes! I want to do that for Mila....make the blog into a book - you'll have to get Daniel to share the info with me.

It's so nice to see you are the love of his life! Of course you are -you're a great gal and a great mom!

I tell Mila all the time she is the love of my life ;)

Sarah said...

How awesome is that?! I love mine too. But Joey told me I have to do the rest of them now. :)

Daniel said...

The AC fix was not free. But I did get that into the overall bid to fix my engine. It will be a total of between $1000 and $1400. And he will fix my oil leak. That is why the $400 difference, because he is not sure the cause yet.

Crissy said...

Awwwww!! That is so sweet!! I have got to see those books!

Jen said...

Awesome! Have you seen Sarah's book? So cute! I will have to enter quite a few more 'family' posts so that my future blog book won't be filled with horrific stories from my past! (shudder)

Hope your car worries subside soon! Been there, done that!

Kim said...

That is great that someone can fix the car! It stinks to replace a car when you haven't planned for it.

Where did Daniel have the books made? I really want to do that with my blog (minus some posts). That was so sweet of him! Glad you had a great Mother's Day!