Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Closet.

My room had already been cleaned. I put a sheet on my bed to protect my spread. Then I started taking things out of my closet. All of our hanging clothes are on the bed, as well as ties and belts. The floor next to the bed has...stuff.
This is the other side of the bed. With more...stuff.
And then the end of the bed and into the bathroom. You got it...stuff. And the gumdrop candy container there was brought in as a treat for mom from Ruthie. They did not come from my closet. They were stale. I threw them out.
And the rest of the stuff.
You see that green box over to the right? That is full of rice treats that we got in China when we got Ruthie. Our guide got a box for each family. He told us they were a favorite in that part of China. We ate one. It was so gross! So we brought them home and set them out all pretty and stuff when we had everyone over after Ruthie's blessing. No one ate them. But they did eat all the Baby Ruth candy bars. Go figure.
My closet really isn't that big. Here is half of the empty closet.
And the other half. You better believe it when I tell you my closet was a mess. Packed. You couldn't even step into it. I don't have any before pictures because it would be way too embarrassing.
But here's the after shot. Now I can see all my shoes and sweats and shirts and Daniel's ties and discriminate between the dirty clothes and the clean clothes. I have found the ability to determine the clean from the dirty very important.
The amazing thing is...it still looks like this. Well, the shirts aren't in that order anymore. But you get what I mean. And, if you were to take a walk over to my bathroom, you would get an eyeful of beauty. But you can't look in the drawers or in the shower yet. I haven't gotten that far.
I am much closer to being able to paint the family room!
Hooray!!

4 comments:

Kim said...

I'm exhausted reading all you've done lately but, very impressed! Keep going maybe you can spark something in me to get going!!! Hey what about movies this year???

Crissy said...

You go, Jennie! I need to de-clutter so bad!

Single Women Adopting Children said...

You are an amazing organizer and painter....I think this is your calling :)

Kim said...

That is so great! I don't think I could look at the pile of the clothes that we should get rid of because we don't wear them. I have a huge closet and could actually share it with Shane if I got rid of un-used stuff. That is funny that you had the rice crackers in there still. Great job!!! You can leave the door open now just to see your marvelous handiwork!