Sunday, November 29, 2009

A Day In The Life.

Who's ready to go back to school?? Ruthie is. The boys...not so much. But we're doing it anyway! Yay! Here's our last week!

Monday...We were invited to get H1N1 flu shots for FHE. So we did. The kids got to make "turkeys" with toothpicks and gumdrops. The kids also got to play a new game (to them) on the Wii. There were quite a few families there for the event. We got to go get ice cream cones after we got our shots.
Tuesday...We love to just sit and play dominoes or Uno at any given time. Ruthie and I got into a rousing game of Mexican Train Dominoes minus the trains. We fudge the rules sometimes. This was also the last day of school for the kids this week!
Wednesday...Making rolls for Thanksgiving! Mmmm. The kids and I went to lunch at McDonalds and rented Up. Cute cute cute movie. I was not prepared for the emotional ride at the beginning and loved the message!
Thursday...Thanksgiving with my family. We also celebrated the November birthdays, which included my baby girl. It was a wonderful day!
Friday...Actually, this was Saturday, but I know if I just keep that to myself, no one will know the difference! Daniel got the hubongo sized butternut squash from our garden (which was currently residing in food storage) and cooked it up. It was like eating warm cantelope. Hmm.
I took Ruthie to the eye doctor where we learned she has an astigmatism. We are waiting for her glasses to come at the end of this week! Boy, will she be cute in her purple glasses!
Saturday...This is one of the papers from my kids. It's from today's sharing time. Ruthie wrote "Der (dear) mom. I love you. Thank you for all you do." You have to start at the bottom and move up.
Sunday...And this is Isaac's paper. "Dear mom, Thank you for me! You make me food you clean my clothes you teach me the gospel and you are the best mom ever. Love, Isaac" The best is "thank you for me!" I'm glad he's grateful. He was a lot of work!
Hope your week was wonderful!!

5 comments:

Crissy said...

Awesome, Awesome pictures Jennie! Love the last two!! That just ROCKS!! :)

Crissy said...

P.S. Can't wait to see Ruthie's Awesome glasses :)

Single Women Adopting Children said...

Love all the updates!

Kates said...

The sheetcake looks so good! I'm sorry we missed it. And Anya is so excited that Ruthie will be getting glasses. We'll need to get a picture of the two of them in their purple glasses before Anya gets her new ones at the beginning of the year.

Kim said...

I LOVE the letters that the kids wrote to you! I can't wait for the glasses picture either!! The gumdrop turkeys cracked me up - Jacob would love that!