Monday, November 23, 2009

Make A Meal.

Did somebody say Cookies? No? Well, now that somebody did, let's talk cookies. My cookies.
Mmmm...
Jennie's Yummy Chocolate Chip Cookies
In a mixing bowl put 1 cup shortening, 1/2 cup white sugar and 3/4 cup brown sugar.
Beat until light and fluffy.
Mix together 2 eggs, 1 tsp vanilla and 1/2 tsp HOT water, pour it in the mixing bowl.
Add 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp baking soda and 2 1/4 cups of flour.
And since 1/2 a bag of chocolate chips leaves 1/2 a bag of chocolate chips to die a lonely death, put the whole bag of chips in!!
You won't be disappointed.
Put spoon sized scoops on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 375 for about 9-10 minutes.
And you thought there was something extra special that went in!
I personally think it's the 1/2 tsp of hot tap water that makes them great.
Enjoy!!

8 comments:

Mama Bear said...

These are definately our favorite cookies! When Tony sees chocolate chip cookies he asks if you brought them and if not he hardly eats any. If they are from you he goes to town! By the way, I didn't get a chance to tell you yesterday but your hair looks super duper cute!

Ken and Lori Banta Family said...

Thanks!!! I have been waiting so long for this recipe :) Now hopefully I can make them as good as you do...if not I will have to either be put back into the primary presidency, have you be my visiting teacher, or do something really nice for you :) Have a great day Jennie!!!!

Single Women Adopting Children said...

Your cookies are yummy! I have had them a few times- they're amazing!

We have been sick since we got back from San Diego.....ugh. Mila has non-stop stuff running out of her nose. I am feeling better and hope she'll be done soon too as she hates her nose to be wiped.

Looks like I won't see you before Tday. have a good one and let's try to make a visit before Christmas

Crissy said...

Yummy! So glad you shared this :) Thank you!!

leslee said...

Thanks, Jennie! I even got ONE last night, too. That's two in two days--you are awesome!

BTW--it was zinc to enhance Vitamin C. Thanks again!

Kim said...

I have had these cookies and I'm delighted to have your recipe! Thank you! Yummy!

Kristi said...

I've been searching your blog just for this recipe, so glad you posted it! - Awaiting the yumminess!

Kristi said...

I've been searching your blog just for this recipe, so glad you posted it! - Awaiting the yumminess!