Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Make A Meal.

Pasta Milano
Mmmmmm...
12 oz cooked bowtie pasta
1 Tblsp butter
1 pkg sliced mushrooms
1 1/2 cup half and half
1 packet Knorr Garlice and Herb sauce mix
2 cups grilled chicken, cut into strips
1/3 cup sliced sun dried tomatoes or artichoke hearts
1 Tblsp parmesan cheese
2 Tblsp chopped parsley
While pasta is boiling and chicken is grilling, melt 1 tsp butter in a large skillet.
Add mushrooms and saute for about 5 minutes or until tender. Then remove them to a bowl.
Add half and half and sauce mix to skillet and stir to blend. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring often.
Reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
Stir remaining 2 tsp butter, mushrooms, chicken, tomatoes or hearts and cheese into the sauce. Cook for 1 minute or until heated through. Stir it while cooking!
Drain pasta, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking water.
Return pasta to pot, add sauce mix and water.
Stir to mix well. Top with extra cheese and parsley.
This is by far my most favorite pasta recipe. If I don't have tomatoes or artichoke hearts I just don't add any.
One caution...Do Not pour the 1/4 cup of boiling water on your hand as you pour it into the mix.
It hurts!!

6 comments:

Susie said...

You ALWAYS make my mouth water!!

Laurie said...

That looks delicious. I will have to try this one!

Jen said...

You can never go wrong with pasta! Yummm-oh!

Thanks for the tip on NOT pouring hot water on your hand.

Daniel said...

Yes! it was good :)

Crissy said...

DEE-lish! I was hoping you would share this! It sounded so good when you were describing it the other day :) I already added a star to it so I can find it later :)

Kim said...

I saw that picture and the first thing that I thought was - YUM! I would so eat that! - the second thing that I though was - and Shane wouldn't :( But maybe I'll make it anyway.

Sorry you poured hot water on your hand - ouchie!