Friday, November 13, 2009

Flashback Friday.

8th grade. Simpler times. Younger times. It was 1984. And I was in 8th grade. I loved my feathered hair. And my beads! Something happened the other day that reminded me of lunch in 8th grade. Daniel ate a dill pickle.
I hung out with Lisbeth at lunch. We sat on a tall wall and watched everyone eat. I had the same lunch every day. It was healthful. It was nutritious.
A large pickle and Peanut Butter cups.
The pickle was .25 and was huge. And really filling. The PB cups were, well, yummy. Lunch was always a cheap treat.
Today's lunch ladies would freak out!
I loved 8th grade lunch.
Today I have my friend's little lady.
She saw the pickles and asked if she could have one.
How could I refuse?
She had also had Cheetos. Oh yeah, we know how to snack!
So today, to relive 8th grade memories, I may have a dill pickle and a PB cup for lunch.
Wait.
Maybe I'll just let that remain a memory.

3 comments:

Hollyween said...

Ha! Faith does love her pickles! So cute.

You're such an amazing friend. Thank-you so much for helping me out today!

Kates said...

Oh too funny! Those were the biggest dill pickles ever too. What a steal at only 25 cents! And I remember very specifically the way to eat a Reese's PB cup in middle school; push all the middle out and eat that first, then eat the peanut butter out of the outer ring, then savor the leftover chocolate. Yum!

Laurie said...

That is an odd lunch combo. I remember those huge pickles at school. Yuck!