Thursday, November 19, 2009

Yabba Dabba Doo.

What do you learn while watching cartoons on Boomerang?

Knowledge.

Yes.

Knowledge.

And understanding.

A broader view of humankind and our need for a family.

By adoption.

As our children watched an episode of The Flinstones, Daniel and I were strengthened in our purpose to adopt.

Why?

Well, because Barney and Betty adopted Bamm-Bamm, of course.

He was left on their door step in a basket. They adopted him. They loved him. They raised him and he grew to be an upstanding member of fictional bedrock society.

Adoption has been around for ages.

It just makes me proud to be a part of the adoptive family set.

Did you know that even though Bamm-Bamm was named because of his strength and ability to bam a club, he grew to be a passive adult who wanted to be a screen writer?

He married the girl next door. Pebbles. Together they had twins, Roxy and Chip.

They were a happy family.

Have a yabba dabba doo time!

4 comments:

Laurie said...

I didn't realize we could learn so much from the Flintstones. Haha!

Kim said...

You are so cute! I forgot that Bamm-Bamm was adopted! I have noticed adoption themes in a lot of movies lately too. It HAS been around for ages. Glad I checked your blog this morning, it made me smile. :)

Single Women Adopting Children said...

I am a huge fan of the Flinstones and never knew all this;)

Crissy said...

LOL! I loved the flintstones! We don't have boomerang, so I miss watching them.